Well, date night got totally borked, thanks to childcare issues (J was supposed to go to a kid’s event, and they never showed. So he was upset & we were all dressed up with no childcare). We ended up ridiculously overdressed at a local mexican food place, but I got a couple of good margaritas out of it & had pretty awesome makeup, so whatever. We’re actually spending all day Monday out together, so whatever. But BAH.
Anyway, let’s move on, SHALL WE?
First up, today’s giveaway is going to be something near and dear to my heart: BOOKS! Or rather, A book chosen from a list of a few (just so you didn’t have to go: “aww, but I already read that one!”). Two winners will each get ONE of these books, all absolute favorites of mine:
To enter, just leave a comment with which book you would want to read by 9am PST, Monday August 26.
Now, on to this week’s writing prompts!
Tell us a story that is “family legend.”
In honor of my blogging birthday, I want to see your blog posts. Share your top 5 or 10 favorites of your own posts!
Guidelines, such as they are:
- Write a post sparked by one or both of the prompts. Answer it literally, or use it as an inspiration point, whatever gets your brain whirring.
- Link your post(s) here by Saturday night at midnight PST.
- Throughout the week, go back and visit other participants of the link up, both to support them, and to find new blogs to read!
- The link up will stay up for a week, and the new one will go up next Sunday, and so on.
- Oh, and don’t forget, if you have prompt ideas, feel free to send them my way!
- If you want to, use the hashtag #BBTWords, which I’ll monitor & share as I can!
That’s it! Have fun!