Quirky Quirks

by Ginger on July 26, 2013

in Random

I used to think I didn’t have that many odd quirks. But there’s really no denying that, like all people, I have some “things” that maybe other people don’t have. I’m comfortable with my quirks though, and actually find it kind of fun to find out these little ways people are different. So, what ARE they? Well:

• I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I have a THING about my sheets at night. I basically remake my bed right before I go to sleep, because I CANNOT have sheets/blankets bunched up under my feet. I have to smooth that nonsense out every night. And don’t even get me started on the idea of socks in bed. *shudder*
  • Oh, I also can’t stand having sand in my shoes/sandals/flipflops. But I think that’s most people, right?
  • I can’t stand having the notifications on my phone, my email, anything, not be cleared. Those red bubbles on my iPhone drive me INSANE. I can’t work with the message light on my phone at the office blinking.
  • I have a very clear order in the shower: Wash hair, condition hair but don’t rinse (if I’m washing. If not, I wear a SEXAY shower cap, and start at the next part), wash face, brush teeth, shave underarms, rinse conditioner, shave legs (if I’m doing that). If I do any of them out of order, I spend the day feeling like I forgot one part.
  • Like Tara, I only eat Wheat Thins salt side down on my tongue.
  • I hate eating raw spinach because it is squeaky when I chew. I don’t know how to explain it, other than it feels and sounds like the food equivalent of when your hair is “squeaky clean.” And it’s terrible, almost nails on a blackboard-like.
  • I am not a neat freak, by ANY stretch of the imagination, and there is very little cleanliness-wise that gets to me, but I get teeth-grindingly irritated when N.C. cuts his hair and doesn’t get all the little tiny hairs off the sink.
  • Smarties (and to a lesser extent SweeTarts) are almost always eaten by chewing the raised edges off first, so I’m left with just the “inside” circle. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups often follow a similar fate–edges first, then the top piece of chocolate is eaten, then the rest.
  • No, but really, just about anything with my feet. Bunchy socks! Bunchy tights! When the footbed of your shoe gets crumpled! UGH.

So, those are some of my quirks. What are some of yours?

***

Prompt from Bring Back the Words, Week 6.

Lisa July 26, 2013 at 11:31 am

SLEEPING WITH SOCKS = WORST. I don’t really like sleeping with pants either because I hate things getting tangled around my legs or bunching up.

James is with you on the notifications on the phone. It doesn’t bother me, so I will let my updates and meeting notices pile up and then show him the screen just to freak him out 😉

Tracy July 26, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I am with you on the sheets. They must be completely smooth or they are Just Too Wrong for life. Of course then I get into bed and promptly stick my feet out from under the covers. So why do I bother with the smoothing? Such is my life.

nonsequiturchica July 26, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I’m with you on the notifications on my phone and email. I don’t understand the people that have 400 unread emails in their inbox. Read it and file it or do something with it!!

I love raw spinach but I hate the film that it leaves on my teeth afterwards.

CP does the same thing when he is cutting his goatee and it drives me INSANE.

mona July 26, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I can eat raw spinach but it does have that squeaky feel to it. And salt side down is the only way to eat wheat thins and everything else in life.

Ruth July 26, 2013 at 1:58 pm

YES with the leaving little hairs everywhere. Hubs likes to trim his beard in the shower and ALWAYS leaves little whisker hairs all over the bathtub and under the bath mat. Drives me bonkers.

Julie July 26, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I am with you on the phone notifications. I cannot stand to see them sitting there and will hunt through the phone until all the circles are gone.

Socks in bed are a no go for me to the point that I will take them off in my sleep when I try to wear them. My poor husband complains about my cold feet in the winter but I think he knows better now than to ask me to do anything about it.

bp July 27, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Omg i HATE eating raw baby spinach too! Same squeakey hatred! Thought it was just me!!!

clara July 28, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Huh. I will have to watch for the spinach thing the next time I eat it.

I always lick the flavouring off flavoured things before I eat the things (Doritos..cheesy crackers..etc.) People who just crunch them..I just want to tell them to slow down! Enjoy the MSG! 😉