Some Whining, and Operation Bring Back the Words

by Ginger on April 30, 2013

in Becoming Myself, Blogging & Social Media

I miss my brain.

No, really. I miss the words that used to live in my brain. The thoughts I used to have. The ideas that used to occur to me.

All that seems gone now, sacrificed so that I have a brain for my job. Which, I NEED to have a brain for my job. I do! It makes doing my job much easier when I am able to think. And I have to do that a lot these days. But I just kind of miss having any brain power left for…not my job. For myself.

I miss writing here. I open up my laptop and the words just don’t come. The ideas don’t come. The thoughts are hidden somewhere. I miss it. I miss you guys and the conversations we used to have.

I miss conversations offline too. I don’t feel like I have much to add most of the time. Unless, again, it’s about work, then I’ve got words and words and words galore.

I miss sitting in my car and doing mental exercises of coming up with posts or stories. I miss that feeling when you’re able to latch onto an idea, and then articulate it. I miss the flow of words, when they just pour from you, racing to get out of your fingers.

I know no one wants to read yet another post about how I have no words, no ideas, no thoughts. No one wants to read on your blog about how you don’t blog anymore. But it feels like an ache to not have this outlet be…this outlet. I miss my brain.

You know what, screw this noise. I’m TIRED OF THIS. And I MISS THIS PLACE. And damnit, I need to do something to get back in the swing of things and get MY words back. So how about a little off the cuff challenge?

I’m going to post every day in the month of May. (eek)

If you have anything you’d like me to write about, put it in the comments and I’ll do it this month. I’m going to aim for at least 300 words every day. EVERY DAY DO YOU HEAR ME SELF? 300 words is not that much, and if it gets my brain going again, well, then good. I’m going to aim to write every day, and respond to comments every day, and get this place back.

Operation #bringbackthewords is on.

(Wanna join me?)

No tags for this post.
clara April 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Dude, I relate to this whole post, except I don’t even have work as an excuse. I just have a big hole in my head. (but the wind sounds pretty when it whistles through…)

But I support you! MAY! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Topic ideas…
If you could only take three foods to a desert island, what would they be?

What is the best decision you ever made?

Crayons or pencil crayons and why.

#bringbackthewords

Ginger May 2, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I know that whistling of which you speak. It IS pretty. And soothing…
🙂
Awesome prompts! Tough ones too!

Shalini April 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Oh, I’m feeling so introverted these days, but I want to come up with a prompt for you. How about a list of your top ten books? Easy peasy, I hope.

Ginger May 2, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I’m gonna need some time to think about that one….

Alexis May 1, 2013 at 11:15 am

I love this idea. I will participate, this is just the kick in the buns I need. As for some prompts: what TV series are you super into right now? I am looking for something to fill my SuperWhoLockian void until new seasons hit NetFlix.

Ginger May 2, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Yay, someone joining me! Woo!

And I’ll definitely be using your prompt!

Erin May 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm

yikes! Good luck … I’ve been having major writer’s block myself.

Ginger May 2, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Thanks! Writer’s block is such a P.I.T.A., I’m sorry you’re dealing with it too!

CharlieSue May 2, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Thank heavens for you, Ginger. I’m in (well, a day late). What would I do without your writing prompts? 🙂

Ginger May 2, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Yay, someone else joining me! We’ll have to support each other!

Lori May 3, 2013 at 10:50 am

I’m laughing to myself because I HAD planned to try to do a post a day in May. Well, I missed May 2nd already, & I likely won’t get a post completed today, but hey, I’m getting back into the swing of things. Our baby’s starting to sleep better at night, and I’m beginning to feel a bit refreshed. I have so many things planned to write about, and for the first time in a long time, I feel excited about it again. I’m going to come back and see how you’re doing throughout the month! : )

Ginger May 4, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Sometimes the first step is just having plans! I know it’s so much easier for me to write when I know what I’m talking about and am excited about it!

Charleen May 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Yes! I’m in too. I’m planning on posting three times a week… which a few months ago wouldn’t have been much of a stretch, but now, I’m just hoping I’ll be able to keep up with this schedule.

Ginger May 4, 2013 at 12:39 pm