Things You Might Not Know About Me

by Ginger on March 6, 2013

in Random

• I always put my left contact in first. When I’ve tried to do my right first, it feels wrong.
  • I want lots of ice in my soda. Like, fill the cup ALLLLLLLL the way up before adding soda, lots.
  • I think sour apple candy is a usurper that took the place of the rightful king of candies–Lime.
  • I can still recite every word of Aladdin when it comes on.
  • I hate mushy fries. They should be mostly crispy. Steak fries are not real fries.
  • I am a “you stay on your side of the bed” sleeper. No cuddling please–don’t touch me!
  • I have a specific order of things in the shower. If I do something out of order, I’ll spend all day trying to remember if I did them all.
  • I believe shredded hashbrowns are far superior to any other breakfast potato.
  • I am a book re-reader–some of my favorites I have read upwards of 50 times. They’re comforting.
  • I will pretty much always stop and watch Charmed if it’s on.
  • I don’t really “get” lifestyle blogs. They just seem like so much work.
  • I love fried cheese. Not, like, breaded fried cheese, but like when you make a grilled cheese and some of it ends up on the pan and gets all crispy and delicious. That kind of fried cheese is one of life’s great pleasures.
  • I miss having the brain power to write here.

What don’t I know about you?

april March 7, 2013 at 11:05 am

I again think we were separated at birth. Except the ice. I prefer no ice, but I want my drink cold to begin with.

Hillary March 7, 2013 at 11:38 am

Charmed is one of my very favorite shows.

Charleen March 7, 2013 at 11:52 am

I am with you on the sleeping thing! And I do love re-reading my favorites, though I don’t think any have been read that often. I have to do my contacts the opposite way though. Right always comes first because that is my worse eye. I can see well enough with my left to get the right one in, but not the other way around.

Random fact about me: I can’t swim. Not that I’d sink like a stone if I ever fell into water, I like to think that I’d be able to keep myself up until someone rescued me (as long as they were quick about it), but getting from point A to point B in the water is a pretty sad spectacle.

Related: I haven’t owned a swimsuit in years and couldn’t even tell you the last time I was in a pool or natural body of water.

Elsha March 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I prefer my soda cold, in a can, no ice.
I could very likely say every word of Aladdin, but my kids never want to watch that one.
Shredded hash browns are definitely best.
I don’t think I’ve read any book 50 times, but I LOVE to re-read my favorite books.

Jamie March 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm

LOL… I love your “I don’t get “lifestyle” blogs, they seem like so much work.” Being a lifestyle blog, I guess I don’t view it as work when indeed, “it is my life.” Things I’m already doing or interested in… so really, it’s easy 😉

Becky March 7, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Fried cheese – also referred to in my house as CHEESE PAPER! (Because, yanno, when the cheese gets stuck on the wrapper? Same basic concept.)

I love cheese paper.

Cloud March 7, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I am totally with you on the hash browns. I don’t even know what a lifestyle blog is. Is that good or bad? Guess I’ll click through to Jamie’s blog and find out!

Something you don’t know about me. Hmmmm…. I know how to say “thank you” in Irish.

nonsequiturchica March 8, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I always put my right contact in first. I think it’s because I have a little better eyesight (I’m still legally blind in both w/o contacts or glasses) in my left!

I am also not a cuddler AND I also have a specific order for a shower.

Jesabes March 8, 2013 at 1:17 pm

We are apparently quite different! I always put in my right contact first, I hate ice in soda (I PAID for that cup space and all you’re giving me is ICE??), and think crispy fries have no point (I want to taste potato! Mushy = best!)

Though I am definitely a non-cuddly sleeper, so I get you there.

Christa the BabbyMama March 9, 2013 at 1:46 pm

You can have ALL my life supply of ice. I like to drink most things at room temp or HOT!

Joanne M. March 9, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I didn’t even read all the list yet, but I have to comment about the ice…I’m the same way. I order extra ice everywhere I go and drive my honey crazy with all the ice I put in my own glass. I need my drinks to be super cold.

Joanne M. March 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Oh and I never deviate from my shower routine either and I hate when I don’t get to sleep alone on my side of the bed. So, you rock:-)