The Dangers of Cleaning

by Ginger on November 19, 2012

in I'm a Disaster

This whole “klutzy-hurts-herself-at-the-littlest-thing” thing is getting a little absurd. Because yesterday, I apparently pulled a muscle in my chest…cleaning the house.

o_O

Now, to be fair, this house cleaning involved 6+ hours of moving furniture, lifting boxes, carrying a vacuum up and down the stairs, etc. It wasn’t like I was just wiping down counters and hurt myself.

BUT STILL. COME ON NOW.

(although I think this proves my theory that cleaning is hazardous to your health)

I woke up this morning unable to take a full breath without excruciating pain just to the side of my breastbone. I couldn’t pull the door of the house open without it hurting. It hurt to put on my coat. I know, I want to roll my eyes at myself too

One of those adhesive heating pad things, and a bunch of ibuprofen has made reduced the pain to where I can take a deep breath again, for which I am very grateful (it’s incredibly disconcerting to not be able to take anything but shallow breaths due to pain. I don’t recommend it). It’s still tender, and I have a somewhat limited range of motion, but I’ll take it.

But still.

CLEANING. I hurt myself CLEANING.

I’m ridiculous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags:

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Charleen November 19, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Reminds me of the time I got shin splints from bicycling. Isn’t that the cardio people turn to so they DON’T get injuries like that?

Natalie the Singingfool November 19, 2012 at 4:37 pm

That sounds like something that would happen to me…

Dana November 19, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Sounds like rib slippage. One day it will pop back into place. It happens to me sometimes when I do push ups and heavy lifting. Try stretching by sticking your chest out and shoulders back. Or clasp your hands behind your back.

Ginger November 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Rib slippage sounds so much more medical than just a pulled muscle! I (think I) had that happen with a lower rib a few months ago, and then it just…got better. SO WEIRD.

cliffie November 19, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Slipped, fell and pulled my hamstring. Not what people expect for a pulled hamstring. Now I know why those big ole football players roll around on the ground like babies.
Feel better soon an take it easy.

shasta November 20, 2012 at 8:43 am

I gave myself a back spasm during pregnancy by mopping the floor too vigorously. It has remained a permanent pain in my….back.

melanie jean juneau November 20, 2012 at 12:02 pm