My Newest Makeup Obsession

by Ginger on August 23, 2012

in Makeup and Beauty

This? Is my newest makeup obsession, my new favorite way to pretty up:

20120823-151815.jpg

I got a sample of this Stainiac in Beauty Queen  in my Birchbox* a couple of months ago, and I’ll admit, I was super skeptical. I mean, it’s SOOOO freaking red. And looks SO bright. And so not what I would normally pick up for myself. But I try everything that comes in my Birchbox (minus perfume), so I gave it a shot.

Guys, I LOVE this stuff. LOVE it. It gives this nice little pink cheeked glow that looks totally natural (depending on how much I put on), like I got a little bit of sun or finished a good workout or something.

I’m wearing it here.
(but I’m totally just using this an excuse to post this picture of N.C. & I
from a recent wedding. We look pretty cute.)

I don’t have a big or fancy makeup routine. Most days, I can do my makeup in under 5 minutes unless I get mascara on my nose (please tell me I’m not the only one who does that occasionally?) and then it’s 7 minutes. I’m big on low maintenance, natural looking makeup, and being able to sleep more than do my makeup. So I love something this simple, that looks this good. And while it does stain my finger a little (ok, a little more than a little), I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it looks, so I think it’s worth it. Seriously, if you get a chance, try this stuff out, it’s pretty nifty.

*If you don’t know what Birchbox is, it’s a monthly subscription service that gets you beauty samples like makeup, face creams, nail polish, etc.for $10 a month. It’s my little monthly present to myself. That link gets me points if you sign up through it, just fyi.

I wasn’t paid to write any of this, neither theBalm nor Birchbox know who I am. I just love this stuff that much.

trina August 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Adorable pic! And that stuff does look very natural on you! How are you liking Birchbox? I have seen alot of people complaining about this month. I was thinking of joining StorkStack when it gets a little closer to Jan. Wondering how you like the random monthly service kindof thing.

Ginger August 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Overall, I really like it. BUT, it’s only $10 a month, and it’s not stuff I’d ever buy myself (for the most part), so it’s totally just for fun. I’ve had it for 7 months, and I’ve LOVED 4 of the boxes (and a special box they sent another time, which remains my very favorite), really disliked 1, and thought the other 2 were fine–nothing crazy awesome, but fun. I think you have to go into it with the mindset that it’s a fun little treat, and not *expect* anything.

sizzle August 23, 2012 at 4:21 pm

That IS a cute picture!

I don’t do well with cream style blushes. My cheeks don’t like them. Boo. 🙁

Ginger August 24, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Oooh, boo! This stuff is a gel, which I was a little worried about–I’ve had gel products make my face break out before–but it’s not been a problem for me so far. But definitely not worth having something your body doesn’t like!

Hope August 23, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I don’t get mascara on my nose, but I do often get it on my upper eyelids. :p

angela August 23, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I have been contemplating Birchbox. If I ever decide to go with it, I’ll come back for your link 🙂

Nanette August 23, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Awesome! I forgot about the sample I got in Birchbox. I’ll have to dig it out soon.

Ginger August 24, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I was really afraid it wasn’t going to work with my coloring (I usually go with more brownish type blushes in fact), but I just love it so much, I even bought the full size!

Amanda @ The Lungos August 24, 2012 at 11:01 am

The Stainiac has been my favorite item out of the 3 birch boxes I have got, too! I love it. I don’t wear make up daily – just when we go out or special occasions, but I used it on my cheeks for a little color and over red lipstick for a great red with shine on my lips.