Things I Am Tired Of

by Ginger on May 23, 2012

in I'm a Disaster

• being frantically busy at work
  • two year old defiance
  • taxes
  • gas prices
  • my inability to write anything of substance here
  • the disaster that is my skin in the last 2 months
  • seeing untalented hacks get success while talented people languish
  • the phrase “mommy wars”
  • Joffrey’s smug little face
  • dealing with grown up manager stuff at work
  • being the bad guy
  • the Thomas theme song
  • my commute
  • having to be a “responsible grownup” who “takes care of things”
  • unrealistic expectations being placed on me
  • feeling stuck
  • the tag in these pants that has been scratching me all day (but I can’t reach)
  • money (or lack thereof)
  • not having time to properly comment on blogs even when I have something to say
  • losing my train of thought in mid…

What about you? Anything you’re tired of?

clara May 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Oh I hate it when I can’t reach a tag. ARGHHHH. Sympathy.

I am tired of my awful skin too. And of cleaning my kitchen over and over and over and over and over. And of cat hair everywhere. And of the tingle in my right shoulder blade. And of all the stories I keep starting and not finishing. And of the neighbour kid that my kids love to play with because he whines like a mf’er and my kids start to sound like him and I want to scream but how can you scream “stop sounding so much like your friend that I hate and you love”? You pretty much can’t. Except I also like him because he keeps my kids busy all afternoon so that I have time to read blogs and comment.

Alyssa May 23, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I’m tired of feeling sad and anxious. I’m tired of having no money, people who don’t understand me, feeling lonely, making dinner, getting up early. I’m tired of know-it-alls. I’m tired of being an adult. I am tired of constant 3-year-old complaining and arguments and tears. I’m tired of feeling let down.

Oh man, I needed this.

Life As Wife May 23, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Joffrey’s smug face? As in Game of Thrones? Love that!

I’m sick of not trusting someone a 100%.

I’m sick of financial stress.

I’m sick of not being able to be care free to an extent.

Christa the BabbyMama May 23, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I’m super tired of this rashy spot on my neck that I can only imagine is somehow related to pregnancy. It’s itchy! And driving me nuts!

Katherine May 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Being underemployed and not capable of fully supporting myself.

Cloud May 23, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I’m tired of not sleeping through the night. Seriously. (But not tired enough of it to be willing to just let my 2.5 year old cry in the middle of the night, so….) Also, I’m really, really tired of this one guy at work who is being a complete jerk and making my entire team crazy. But I think there always has to be one, right?

@Christa- I call my second pregnancy “the itchy one.” Seriously, I had an itchy rash on my legs for most of the pregnancy, and then I got PUPPs towards the end. UGH. Someone recommended Dream Cream from Lush. It helped more than anything else I tried. You have my sympathy. Itchy SUCKS.

KT May 24, 2012 at 7:01 am

I am truly hoping that Joffrey gets what he deserves. It may not be this season (my husband is finishing book 4 and won’t give me any hints as to what happens to ANY of the characters), but I am hoping for a spectacularly torturous death for him.

Lindsay May 24, 2012 at 7:11 am

Ugh, yes, the 2-year old defiance. I thought it was just me…seriously, pulling my hair out over the attitude.

And money. *sigh* isn’t it always money?

A house that is somehow messy 2 days after I cleaned it.

Marlena May 24, 2012 at 7:24 am

Word.

Jennie May 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

My deep feelings of hatred for a tv character (STUPID FACE JOFFREY) are a little surprising, but he needs to be punted, and soon.

San May 24, 2012 at 11:52 am

I am tired of feeling tired of things. Isn’t it exhausting?

Michelle May 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

I am tired of this cold, not having energy (because of this cold).

And I’m also tired of all the buzz around a certain smutty novel.

Erin May 24, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Isn’t the actor who plays Joffrey simply perfect casting? I read that everyone says he’s the nicest guy on set, haha…

I’m tired of being tired all the time, and I’m fed up with my reproductive organs.

Tara May 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Yes to the money stuff. I’m tired of how we are supposed to have enough but we never seem to. I’m tired of feeling tired. I’m tired of having to take a pill everyday so I don’t cry all night.

oilandgarlic May 25, 2012 at 10:41 am

I’m tired of the same things!

Hope May 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’m tired of being tired. :p Although I think I’ll probably be exhausted for the next 18 years or so. I’m also tired of rolling over in bed being an elaborate 10-step process.

Classic NYer May 31, 2012 at 10:12 am

I’m tired of not getting enough sleep!