Time Keeps on Ticking

by Ginger on April 24, 2012

in Downtime

You guys.

This is serious.

WHEN DID IT GET TO BE ALMOST MAY?

I hate to yell, but seriously, where is this year going? I think I blinked and 3 months had passed.  And now it’s already almost May??

What the hell time, why ya gotta be rushin things so much?

I mean, look, there’s a lot of really exciting stuff going on this summer that I’ll be thrilled to have happen–anniversaries and trips and meetups with blog friends and more. And of course, summer itself is my favorite time, filled with long evenings, weekends at the beach, and the general relaxing feeling that tends to come from warm weather, lots of light, and days with the windows open and breeze blowing. So it’s not like I’m dreading it or anything.

But still. Time. SLOW THE HELL DOWN.

Classic NYer April 25, 2012 at 4:07 am

Am i the only one who feels time moving simultaneously too fast and too slow?

Christa the BabbyMama April 25, 2012 at 6:34 am

Aaaaaagh don’t remind me!

Jocelyn | ScooterMarie April 25, 2012 at 8:40 am

Agreed. Totally agreed.

Alyssa S. April 25, 2012 at 9:22 am

I actually thought to myself “what is she talking about, it’s not going to be May soon…oh wait…d’oh!” It’s hard to believe my daughter’s school year will be done in a matter of weeks and that it will be…….SUMMER. Which means hot as hell in Texas. I’m going to go and cry now!

Emily @ The Happy Home April 25, 2012 at 10:36 am

i seriously can’t handle the fact that it’s almost may– especially because my “work weeks” have been all screwed up recently. doing 3 weekly projects in 5 days and then not having anything to do for 10 days is really messing with my sense of what i do with my time. this morning on NPR, i heard melissa bloch say, “as national poetry month wraps up…” and i couldn’t believe that it was already the *end* of april.

Kate April 27, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I TOTALLY agree! Camden is almost 7 (SEVEN!!!) months already. It’s so odd though because the days crawwwwwl by and are a countdown until bedtime, but the weeks-months-years flyyyyyyyy by without a wave or anything. And, it seems to pick up pace, too.