Can We Still Be Friends?

by Ginger on November 9, 2011

in Random

• If I don’t like coffee?
  • If I don’t like cinnamon?
  • If I don’t get the big deal about pumpkin flavored stuff?
  • If I think a lot (but not all) of newborn & maternity photography is creepy?
  • If I think The Notebook is lame?
  • If I roll my eyes every time I see “thinspiration” photos on Pinterest?
  • If I LIKE Moves Like Jagger?
  • If I think that there is LOTS that tastes better than thin feels?
  • If I don’t really like chocolate?
  • If I love Jane Eyre, and dislike almost all Jane Austen?
  • If I think the “Keep Calm and…” posters are totally worn out? (except maybe this one)

Michelle November 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm

In a word, yes. Heh. But only because I also don’t care for chocolate that much, that I won’t watch The Notebook (or anything inspired by that Nicholas Sparks guy. Truly the Thomas Kinkaid of literature.), and I only like the original keep calm poster. Because what a badass piece of propaganda from WWII. Really. Those brits were smart.

Michelle November 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm

But the coffee thing? Is a hard one. 😉

Ginger November 9, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Heh. The Thomas Kinkaid of literature. Hehe…

emily @ the happy home November 9, 2011 at 2:41 pm

i agree with the newborn photos, the moves like jagger, the notebook, the anorexia trigger pics on pinterest, and the keep calm posters. 100% a bajillion times agree.

Reading (and chickens) November 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Ooh, I love this list (and that poster). Thinspiration. *snort*

Anne November 9, 2011 at 4:06 pm

With the exception of the cinnamon and pumpkin, I totally could have written this list!

Courtney November 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I totally agree about the Notebook and the Jane Eyre/Austen. I have an English degree and I’ve never finished a Jane Austen book because I just can’t do it. It is so bad to me. My husband actually likes the Notebook, he’s such a romantic sap sometimes! That movie makes me throw up a little.

Ginger November 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Won’t they make him revoke his “guy” card for that? 😉

And somehow, I got through my English degree w/only reading 1 Austen book. Still don’t know how I managed that!

clara November 10, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Yes, because then I get ALL THE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE! DUH!

But … I’m with you on everything else. Except for my own self-portraits from when I was pregnant, which are horrifying in a HOLY CRAP YOU’RE GIGANTIC way, not a twee, precious angel sort of way.

Kate November 11, 2011 at 8:18 am

This one made laugh because there are so many things on this list that I love/don’t love and we are still friends! So, YES – we can definitely be friends. It’s more pumpkin stuff and chocolate for me, too! 🙂 And, I will watch the Notebook one more time for every time you don’t.

Erin November 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I so get you on the coffee thing. Are we freaks?

I’m totally stealing this idea for a post. 🙂

{ 1 trackback }