Lessons I SHOULD Have Learned By Now

by Ginger on April 18, 2011

in Random

• Old Navy’s clothes haven’t fit right in 10 years. Stop shopping there.

• When jeans look threadbare in the crotch, they WILL tear when you least want them to, and when you are the furthest away from home. And embarrass you greatly.

• Having caffeine after 7pm means bedtime gets pushed even later than normal. Unless it’s mixed with alcohol.

• The last person you call on a Friday before leaving work will ALWAYS talk for triple the amount of time you planned for.

• Days where the kid sleeps in, your bladder/cat/dog/phone will wake you up instead.

• The more you want personal space, the more likely animals, kids, and husbands will be to climb all over you.

• Staying up late on Sunday doesn’t delay Monday’s arrival, so much as it guarantees that arrival will be miserable.

As always, you can find more lists every Mon­day over at ABDPBT!

listbutton

Lisa April 18, 2011 at 7:23 am

I think Old Navy clothes only fit those creepy mannequins. I can’t think of a real person that can wear their stuff.

And WHO is doing their advertising? Really, how are they still in business? Their clothes don’t fit, the quality is crap now (can’t even buy basic tees there anymore), and they have THE worst commercials on earth.

Katherine April 18, 2011 at 9:26 am

I have Old Navy shorts. They are 2 sizes larger than my actual size, but they held up well enough to being worn constantly last summer.

drhoctor2 April 18, 2011 at 10:08 am

My kids have an aunt living near an Old Navy outlet. Every Christmas my kids look like a commercial. My people tend to outgrow stuff before wearing it out so I can’t attest to any sort of longevity. Mostly, the stuff is too bland for my taste but since we mainly get an influx of hoodies..meh. I wouldn’t shop there for myself is what I’m saying…I’m lost now ..did I just agree with you ? Because I think I wanted too. I gotta cut back on the crack.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks April 18, 2011 at 11:46 am

Amen to the first and last … and pretty much everything between.

kate April 18, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Yes, yes, yes on everything except the Old Navy. I gotta say that their maternity jeans, pants, bottoms, etc… have been/were lifesavers with both B and this little one. But, the others years of my life – not so much.

Andi April 18, 2011 at 3:08 pm

It is funny how many of these I can relates too. I had not shopped at Old Navy for years and just bought some things online last week, I tried them over the weekend and then thought what the hell did I think I was doing? Promptly returning them today! My husband is strictly forbidden to say goodbye to his boss on Fridays…as a “have a good weekend” always turns into a 45-60 minute discussion, we carpool and I end up having to wait for him at my office on a Friday night just dying to get out!

Amanda @ TheLungos April 21, 2011 at 9:17 am

I am a little behind in my reader and getting caught up.

I can pretty much say 99% of those apply to my life too! Although, I can buy a few things at ON, it is definitely not pants. Say what you will, but the bet pants (dress pants for work) for my short curvy body are Worthingtons at JC Penny. I had not shopped there since I was a little kid with my mom, but she gave me a coupon when their pants were on sale and I was shocked at how well they fit (they carry petite and short lengths) and how well they hold up to being worn a lot. I actually need to go back and get some more…

Anyway, congrats on losing enough weight to have to buy more clothes – that is awesome!