It’s amazing how a week of being sick will make you feel like you’re completely out of touch with the world. I barely know what day it is, I feel completely out of touch with work, and who KNOWS what all happened on the Internet while I was laid up in bed. So we’ll ease back into things with a few bullet point updates. Whee!
- The events in Japan have me entranced and horrified. I’m also more than a little dismayed at what passes for “journalism” these days. I don’t often watch the news anymore, precisely because I can’t handle the personalities that have replaced journalists, but WOW is it hard to watch in these cases.
- N.C. has gotten me addicted to the Lockup series on msnbc. I…kind of can’t explain it. I can’t seem to watch the Housewives of anywhere, but hardened criminals? Bring it on. (It’s very strange. I know).
- The new dog is great, and also a handful. We named her Sasha, and she’s a sweetheart. BUT, she is a dog, and she’s in a new environment, and we have no idea how much training she’s had before. We’re pretty sure she was someone’s dog before she ended up in a shelter. For one, she seems to understand some commands *most* of the time: sit, drop it, down (as in get DOWN OFF THE COUCH). For two, while we’ve had some peeing incidents, to date we’ve only had one poop problem–and that was the first day. And, she seems to be good about holding it–as long as we pay attention to her cues. That being said, she does need some more thorough training. But overall, I think we ended up with a great dog for our family. I think she and Jackson are going to be thick as thieves once they both learn the rules of living together.
- I will say, though, that the timing of us all getting sick AND having a new dog? Pretty craptastic.
- This weekend I’m going to Bloggy Boot Camp here in San Diego. I’m really really excited, but I’m also a little nervous. Ok, a lot nervous. BUT, it’s a smallish group, and apparently set up so that you don’t have to worry about no one ever talking to you or sitting by you or any of the stuff that stresses me out about walking into a room full of people I don’t know. And if nothing else, it will give me a day all about me and my interests!
- Of course, I’m worried about the clothes thing. But! That’s because I’ve lost enough weight that I’m kind of in-between all my clothes. (YAY! and also? BOO, because I don’t really want to spend a bunch of money on clothes when I’m still trying to lose more weight). So I will probably spend this week trying to find something in my closet that fits, will be appropriate, and I can throw a sweater over (come on, you know those ballrooms are always fah-reezing!).
- Final note? This past week my family went through like, 16 boxes of tissues. Sinus infections are no fun.
So what’s up in your worlds??
As always, you can find more lists every Monday over at ABDPBT!