9 Questions I have about the Golden Globes

by Ginger on January 17, 2011

in Entertain Me

1. How does Ricky Gervais keep getting these gigs? I mean, I love it, but NOTHING and NOBODY is sacred to the man. You’d think the bigwigs who choose the hosts would be petrified he’d piss off too many of the big stars.
  2. Is Tilda Swinton actually an alien? A strangely compelling alien, but an alien nonetheless?
  3. What in the HELL was Julianne Moore wearing?
  4. Burlesque was nominated for anything? Really?? Was it that bad of a year for movies?
  5. So it’s pretty clear that some people got the hook after about 15 seconds, and other people had no such time limits right? So what do you think the criteria was–big names? Big names for this year? Later in the show they realized they had more time than they thought? I just couldn’t figure it out.
  6. Did Lea Michele’s overzealous crying during Chris Colfer’s win bug the shit out of anyone else?
  7. I want to look like Helen Mirren when I’m her age. That’s not a question, I know, but damn she’s amazing.
  8. Exactly how drunk do you think they all get during the show?
  9. Do you think that The Social Network is getting so much love in part because of an attempt to appear young and relevant?

As always, you can find more lists every Monday over at ABDPBT!

listbutton

No tags for this post.
Rachel January 17, 2011 at 8:41 am

I didn’t watch last night but I did read Twitter.
Everyone rolled their eyes about Lea Michele.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks January 17, 2011 at 11:36 am

I was embarrassed for Gervais … his jokes were so tasteless, especially considering the butt of his jokes were in his presence. I think they gave time limits for “smaller” awards and granted more time for the bigger awards.

The one thing I love about the Golden Globes (that the Oscars seem to miss every time) is the awards are well rounded. No one movie or TV show wins more than an award or two … unlike the Oscars where it feels like a blockbuster sweeps awards in all categories (so annoying).

Tara January 17, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Oh, for the love. I kind of want to look like Helen Mirren, now, for crying out loud. She is ridiculous.

(PS: I clicked over here from Jennie’s BBL roster…good luck on the challenge!!)

Ginger January 18, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I keep telling my husband I wouldn’t mind her body now 🙂

eventheniceone January 17, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Funny, I had so many of the same thoughts…Julianne Moore…come ON…you are GORGEOUS. Tilda….seriously. EVERY.TIME.YOU.Look.WEIRD!

Ever see the pic of Helen in her swim suit? Wowzers…!!!!

Ginger January 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Julianne Moore bugs me so much precisely because she’s SO beautiful, but she wears this stuff that just makes her look crazy. Woman, you’ve got looks, a slammin’ bod, and money. You can do better than crazy bag lady gets dressed up.

Blond Duck January 18, 2011 at 3:28 am

Popped in from SITS! This was hilarious!

kate January 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

I didn’t watch the awards, but your list of questions helped me feel like I did! Thanks for the much-needed laughs.

And, YES, Helen Mirren is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Forget 60 – I want to look like that at 45!

ABDPBT January 19, 2011 at 10:30 am

They hire Gervais so that people will talk about the Golden Globes, care about them, watch them. It gives them street cred and people will actually give a crap about the award ceremony. Same thing with nominating Angelina Jolie — they just wanted to make sure that she and Brad were in the audience.