Wonderful Wednesdays

by Ginger on November 24, 2010

in Blogging & Social Media

It may be a short week, but it’s still Wonderful Wednesday! And with Thanksgiving tomorrow here in the U.S., it’s pretty clear what’s wonderful in my world.

The upcoming food apocalypse.

Even though it’s just the three of us, we’re going all out. A full sized turkey. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Brussels sprouts (don’t tell my mom, I’ve started eating, and liking!, brussels sprouts!). Green chili cornbread stuffing. Pecan pie. Pumpkin cheesecake. Wine. Apple cider.

We’ll be having left overs for weeks (an 11 pound turkey for the three of us? Yeah, leftovers galore), but we’ll enjoy ourselves on Thursday.

The food coma I’m anticipating? That’s pretty wonderful (maybe not for my waistline, but the rest of me is pretty stoked).

So folks, what’s wonderful in your world? Share the wonderful in the comments, or blog about it and I’ll link you up!

The Well-Read Mom

Wonderful Wednesdays at RambleRamble

Megan November 24, 2010 at 12:20 am

Yummmmmmmm! I’ll be there at four. 🙂

My wonderful is that I don’t have to cook a damn thing this Thanksgiving. It will be the first time I haven’t had to lift a finger or make the whole damn meal in about eight years!

Ginger November 24, 2010 at 11:11 am

Come on down! We’ve got plenty of food, and lots of toys strewn about the living room for the kids to play with!

Elizabeth November 24, 2010 at 1:36 am

Wonderful:
Getting some irritating bills (that we didn’t even actually owe!) sorted out.
Sleeping in every day this week.
Passing my first non-stress test with flying colors.

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy your food coma!

Ginger November 24, 2010 at 11:12 am

Sleeping in every day sounds soooooo wonderful. I’m insanely jealous!

And yay for passing the non-stress test!

Perpetua November 24, 2010 at 4:09 am

Oh man, how I want that stuffing. WANT it. Though my mom’s is good too, that one sounds extra-good.

I’m glad that I’m picking up a turkey breast to cook, because full-on turkeys intimidate me!

Ginger November 24, 2010 at 11:13 am

I tried to convince N.C. to do just the turkey breast, but oh no, we HAD to do the full thing.

Luckily he takes care of the turkey!