Things I’m wondering about you

by Ginger on November 18, 2010

in Random

Do you eat your french fries in the car, or wait until you get them home?

Do you prefer your stuffing inside or outside the bird?

What’s your favorite book of all time?

If you had one afternoon completely free of all obligations what would you do?

What’s a favorite blog of yours that you think EVERYONE should be reading?

Do you have a hero?

Tracy Lynn November 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm

In the car. Outside the bird. I generally jump right in. Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers. Go to a movie. Christmas when I was seven. We were really poor and each got one present, and my mom had gotten me a Barbie townhouse with elevator.
Hyperbole and A Half makes me choke with laughter every time I read it.
My mom is my hero. And Batman, of course.

sizzle November 18, 2010 at 4:59 pm

In the car
In AND outside the bird
Jump right in
(it changes) Sister of My Heart
I wouldn’t know what to do with myself & would probably clean (I have a sickness!)
This one day where my friend Dumpling and I drove up the coast, explored, laid in the sun at the beach, and ended up by a river in the forest. It was bliss.
I would agree with Hyperbole and A Half or Oatmeal Comics

Michelle November 18, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I might eat a few in the car on the way, but I try to wait!
Stuffing inside the bird grosses me out – so outside the bird!
It depends on the blog, for sure.
To Kill a Mockingbird, followed by The Slaughterhouse Five
I would crochet!
Can I relive the first time I stepped foot inside St. Peter’s square? And the time we toured the seriously ancient cemetery underneath the Vatican?
I think everyone should read ApartmentTherapy. So much insight!
My hero… probably my grandmother. She’s is seriously the most kindhearted and lovely woman with so much grace.

Kathleen (amoment2think) November 18, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I eat one or two in the car and then wait till I get home
Both. The more stuffing the better.
Jump right in.
I don’t like favourite questions cause I can’t pick. But I love the book I just read (and reviewed here: http://amoment2think.wordpress.com/2010/11/18/tell-it-like-it-is/
If money wasn’t an issue I would go get a massage. And then write.
Oh gee, that is a hard one. I have a horrible memory for details like that. Probably a day with my husband on vacation.
I also can not pick a favourite blog, I love far too many of them. Really. But anyone can check out all the blogs on my blog roll, those are the ones I really regularly read.
Both my parents are my hero’s.

Lisa November 18, 2010 at 8:16 pm

* Few in the car, but I hate to get home and be out of fries.
* Outside. Inside is all soggy and gross.
* Sometimes I jump right in, sometimes I mention that I’m delurking. Just depends.
* Um, I don’t know that I have a favorite, there are too many that I really enjoy.
* Sleep!
* Does the day we brought Olivia home count? It was weeks after her birth…
* Hyperbole and a Half
* I don’t think I have a hero.

Lisa Sunbury November 18, 2010 at 8:18 pm

In the car. No stuffing- unless it’s gluten free. “Hey I’m new here.” Can’t choose a favorite book, there are too many I love. Walk to the beach and then sit there listening to the waves and reading. I wouldn’t want to relive any of them. I think reliving would make the best day less special, and who wants to relive any of the bad ones ?- unless I get to change the outcome.Until recently, the only two I ever read consistently (and loved) were A Moment 2 Think, and Janet Lansbury’s elevating childcare. I’m sampling and enjoying some new ones since joining twitter, but I still love those two best, and eagerly await every new post.

Lisa Sunbury November 18, 2010 at 8:21 pm

P.S. Yes, my hero is Magda Gerber. She was also my friend and teacher.

Elizabeth November 18, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I wait until I get them home.

Do you prefer your stuffing inside or outside the bird? Neither–I’m a gluten free vegetarian now. =)

Do you announce yourself in the comments on a new blog (“Hey I’m new here”) or just jump right in? I tend to just jump in.

What’s your favorite book of all time? A tough one! Perhaps Freddy and Fredericka by Mark Helprin?

If you had one afternoon completely free of all obligations what would you do? Curl up on the hammock and read with my pups running around.

What’s one day, not including your wedding or birth of your children, that you’d like to relive? Probably the day Eric and I rented a car and explored the coast of Oregon, then collapsed on the most comfortable bed in the most comfortable hotel in Portland.

What’s a favorite blog of yours that you think EVERYONE should be reading? Oof–way too many! I adore the people on my blogroll (which needs a serious editing!).

Do you have a hero? Bill Clinton was my childhood hero, but I’d have to say that my parents are now, for all they do for their students.

Cheryl November 18, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Definitely in the car, they don’t make it home.
Inside the bird!
Sometimes jump right in, sometimes admit to previous lurking.
Free afternoon? Right now all I could think to do is get baby stuff ready.
Fave book is a hard one. Most read boom would be Gone with the Wind.
One day to relive … Any of the days I spent in Hawaii on my honeymoon.
Blogs? I can’t choose! Too many great ones.
And my hero? I don’t know. My maternal grandmother raised 16 kids, that qualifies!

(Hope I didn’t post twice, I got an error message on my phone!)

Perpetua November 19, 2010 at 3:58 am

Ooh, this is fun. For the fries, a little in the car, the rest at home. **Stuffing DEFINITELY outside, in its own casserole dish. **I announce myself and mention briefly how I found the blog.**Favorite book, that’s HARD. I’ll get back to you. :)**On a completely free afternoon, I’d go for a drive and then sit and drink coffee without rushing (baby hazard, that coffee!).**Hmm, I’d relive either the first date with my husband or the day I took my oral exams (it was fun, really).**Apartment Therapy, for sure.**I don’t really know about the hero question, though I think a lot of people do everyday-heroic things. Like yesterday, a lady at the mall rushed through the rain to help me get E’s stroller through the door. That little stuff makes me feel so much better about humans.**

bekah November 19, 2010 at 5:30 am

in the car

outside. I do not like mushy stuffy

usually just add it to my reader.

Catch-22

sleep

Any day with my grandfather.

Hyperbole and a half. Everyone IS reading it I think, I actually laughed so hard I cried at her last post…

My mom. Which is cliche but shes kind of an amazing person

Sarah November 19, 2010 at 8:22 am

— 1 or 2 in the car, the rest at home — but I share, while in the car, so everyone gets one or 2.
— NO stuffing, in or out. Nasty stuff.
— It takes me a long time to work up to commenting. Then I usually try to pretend they’ve seen me there for ages. Occasionally I’ll admit to lurking.
— Favorite? No idea. The Narnia books, possibly. Maybe. Today. 🙂
— My 3rd date with my husband. It’s when I decided he was the one for me.
http://www.extraordinary-ordinary.com/ That woman’s amazing.
— My husband.

KT November 19, 2010 at 8:48 am

*Haven’t had fast food french fries in a while, but always in the car because you must eat them when they are hot.
*Inside.
*I jump right in.
*Not sure
*Do something outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, go for a run, etc.
*Any day from my honeymoon to Africa or our trip to Hawaii. Both trips were AMAZING.
*I love 2birds1blog. It is hilarious.

Megan November 19, 2010 at 2:32 pm

A couple fries in the car, but I need to hurry home before they are all gone.

I’m not picky about stuffing. I’ll eat it all!

I usually just jump in. But, I don’t comment on new blogs very often. I don’t know why. I guess I feel like I’ve missed the boat.

Favorite book? Definitely too hard. I like different books for different reasons. My favorite romance, the book that makes me just swoon, would have to be Persuasion. A girl who likes Jane Austen. Such a cliche!

If I had a free afternoon, I would repeat an afternoon Chris and I had years ago. We watched Moulin Rouge in bed and drank champagne, then took a nap. It was incredible!

A day I would like to relive…I think I would go with one of the days I spent in Ireland with Chris, my mom, my sister, and a friend who has since died. It was a beautiful trip and a wonderful way to remember my friend.

I don’t know that I have a favorite blog. I also don’t discover new blogs on my own, though. So, I’m pretty limited in what I read. I love all the blogs I do read, though!

I honestly can’t think of one person that I would call me hero. Rather, there are many different people that I admire for various reasons. Wow, that’s incredibly vague, isn’t it?

Ilana November 19, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I live in the city so I don’t really drive that often. That being said, I think fries suck once they leave the establishment they were made in. So— eat em wherever I bought em.

Stuffing should be made in the bird but then put into a bowl for presentation purposes.

Depends on the blog. I guess just now I jumped right in.

Probably do something boring like go to the movies.

I was traveling with my friend in Europe after college. We were supposed to go to Prague but got on a train to Vienna by accident. After totally freaking out, we realized that the only people who were holding us to our completely arbitrary itinerary was ourselves. Our unexpected day and a half in Vienna ended up being full of happy coincidences and serendipity and became my favorite day of the trip.

DUH- Mine. And Martha Points.

Who’s my hero? That’s a good question. Anyone that can turn their blog into the way they make a living. I am 100% envious.

kate November 23, 2010 at 11:19 am

The french fry eating starts in the car and carries on into the home.
Stuffing hass gotta be outside the bird – it simply won’t do if it’s mushy.
Just jump in and join the convo.
Ooo – good question. Probably has to be Goodnight Moon (we read it a lot around here and it never gets old).
I’d have a date with my man and knit on the way in the car.
The date I had with my husband sailing on Bellingham Bay.
Uh, MINE of course, but I also love Confessions of a Pioneer Woman.
I have many people I look up and strive to model, but not one single hero by definition. I admire most the kind of people who make this world a better place.