A typical day

by Ginger on August 24, 2010

in Day in the Life

Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Alarm goes off again. Hit snooze. Alarm goes off. Crap, I’m gonna be late(again).

Wake up the baby to nurse–love that face first thing in the morning! Nurse. Help change his diaper (always helps to have 2 people these days). Play for 5 minutes–never long enough. Jump in the shower. Do I have time to shave? No.

Do my hair. Do my make up. Get dressed. Quick kiss goodbye. Gather pump parts…where are my keys? AH, there they are. Head out the door.

Stop at McDonald’s for my morning Diet Coke. Mmmmmmm, caffeine. On the road.

F#&$)@#! commute.

(at least I have time to think up blog posts or marketing ideas)

Get to work. Email. Read blogs. Email. Email. (twitter) Meeting. Emergency!!! Until it’s not. Email. (twitter) Work. Meeting. Meeting. Pump. (twitter) Email. Work. Lunch (Read blogs! Work on my blog!). (twitter)Pulled into another problem. Run around like crazy to fix. Email. (twitter) Email. Work. (twitter) Meeting. Run to the deli for a pick-me-up (mmmm, caffeine). Email. (twitter) Work. Email. Read blogs. Meeting. Watch the clock for 5 to hit. Run, don’t walk, for the door at 5.

F#&$)@#! commute.

Home in time to wake the baby up from his last nap (Did I make it today???). Wash pump parts. Nurse–I doubt this is nutrition, but he pulls at my shirt and it tugs at my heartstrings. Play. Feed the baby. Eat dinner standing up, since the baby is eating and our dining room table is covered in art. Keep feeding the baby (who knew feeding him would take so long?). (twitter) Finally done–clean the food shrapnel that surrounds his highchair. Play. Redirect. Play. Redirect. Play. Redirect. Play. Is it a bath night? Hand off to daddy for the bath.

Check email. (twitter) Work on project from work that is under deadline. Send emails.

Bathtime’s over. Say night night daddy. Kisses. Time for a bedtime nurse (sometimes more like a bedtime wrestle!). Sweet dreams little man.

Laptop on. TV makes a great background noise. Finish work project. Send emails missed from the day. Read blogs. Blog. Twitter. Work on marketing plans for husband. Work on marketing plans for clients (please? Today? Finally?). Snack!! Send email. Never enough time. Work. work.Twitter. work.work. work.Twitter.

Crash.

What does YOUR typical day look like?

P.S. If you haven’t already, make sure to enter my 2nd bloggy birthday giveaway! I’m giving away 2 $25 gift certificates to the retailer of YOUR choice!

No tags for this post.
Susan Tiner August 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm

That pretty much sums up several years of my life. It’s nice being an empty nester except for that empty nest. The kids live near though so it’s ok.

Lisa August 24, 2010 at 2:55 pm

My typical day goes something like wake up and surf the internet on my phone for way too long, rush through getting ready for work, get to work and squirm around at my desk trying to get comfortable and getting nothing done, LUNCH!, try to work some more but still get nothing accomplished, come home and lay on the bed to get the kid out of my ribs. Good times!

Brooke August 24, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Wake up. Listen for Kellen. Tell Dan to go get Kellen. Roll around in bed for 20 minutes. Get up when Kellen starts banging on the door to go “dow stairs. Eat. Pizza.” (No, we don’t feed him pizza for breakfast.) Put Kellen in chair. Give him fruit. Turn on burner to start eggs. Start coffee while yelling at Kellen not to feed dogs. Oh crap. Feed the dogs. Eat breakfast. Say “bye bye daddy.” Turn on Gabba. Check blogs, check Twitter, check email, check Facebook. Repeat ad nauseum. Get dressed. Go to playgroup or the Little Gym. Eat lunch. Kellen naps. Check blogs, check Twitter, check email, check Facebook. Write a page or two. Kellen gets up. Dan gets home. Start med infusion while watching TV. Tell Dan what to make for dinner. Eat dinner. Finish meds. Put Kellen down. Check blogs, check email, check Twitter, check Facebook with reality TV in background. Repeat until fall asleep.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks August 24, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Ahhhh, so that’s what life will look like in 2011? Thanks for the crystal ball sneak peak. =)

Hilly August 24, 2010 at 7:37 pm

wake, pee, coffee, iPhone for Words With Friends, quick Facebook check-in, read text messages and/or emails, shower, hair, breakfast, work.

work, bitch, moan, work, facebook, email, work, bitch, walk properties, eat lunch, lather, rinse, repeat.

home, work out, dinner.

the rest varies…some nights are dates with boys, others are tv and xanax, others are reading blogs and drinking wine, others are spent with friends.

sleep at midnight.

Amanda August 24, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Love it. Real life at it’s finest.

Megan August 24, 2010 at 11:08 pm

You’re seriously a rockstar.

I don’t know if I could handle working, mothering, AND blogging. I barely manage the latter two.

Though, I do sometimes crave the routine that my life is lacking. I don’t know why our days seem so erratic. I don’t even know if I could say what a typical day is like here. they all seem different!

Ginger August 25, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I pretty much think all us mommies are rockstars these days–I just happen to be one who has to work (grudgingly).

{ 2 trackbacks }