Celebrate good times, c’mon

by Ginger on August 16, 2010

in Celebrations, Random

The next 4 weeks have some big stuff going on in our household, and for once, I’m trying to do right by most of them. So what’s up?

1. This weekend marks my 2 year blogoversary. Yes, yes, I know that’s kind of silly for some people but given that a huge percentage of bloggers quit after 6 months and that I’m not known for my long-term commitment to big projects, I’m pretty proud. I’m trying to cook up something special to celebrate!

2. Next week is my 31st birthday. Those of you who remember last year will remember that due to my status as ridiculously, hugely pregnant I did pretty much bupkis for my 30th. I would like celebrate this year a little more fully. I don’t know what that means yet, but I’ve got to figure it out soon!

3. Jackson’s first birthday is fast approaching. We won’t be doing a party, per say, but my mom is coming in town and we’ll definitely have a little cake for the little man (and maybe a balloon–he loves em!). I’m hoping to find time over the next couple of weeks to put together a little video of his first year, but we’ll see if I actually get it done in time.

4. N.C.’s first solo show in San Diego is September 10th. It’s a big deal–he’s been working on it for almost a year and it’s frankly the best work he’s done to date. It’s an enormous undertaking, but I’m so proud of him (and can’t wait to see the finished show!). It’ll be a tense few weeks as he finishes up, but the payoff is gonna rock.

So, we’ve got lots to celebrate in our house over the next few weeks. A lot to plan, a lot to work on, a lot to stress over, but a LOT to be grateful for and celebrate in style. So if you see me with a martini in hand, and my party shoes on–come join in!

As always, more lists can be found over at Anna’s at abdpbt!
listbutton

Lizzie August 16, 2010 at 12:45 pm

2 years?! Wow, I’m not even close to a year yet… although I’ve been blogging on/off for 5 years 🙂 Having said that I completely get the 6 month thing, but I have no intention of quitting now – I’ve gotten so much out of it this time round 🙂

Ginger August 16, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Well, to be fair, last year I was a little less prolific, what with the pregnancy and all. But I got my mojo back after the baby was born, and here we are! I do love this little place, and all the people I’ve “met”!

Perpetua August 16, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Gasp! *I* just had my two-year blogiversary! And *I’m* turning 31 soon, too!

Sorry, I just found that exciting. 🙂

Ginger August 16, 2010 at 9:36 pm

It’s like we were separated at bloggy birth 🙂 (seriously, I so want you to come to San Diego for BlogHer next year, if only so we can actually meet!!).

Brooke August 17, 2010 at 7:28 am

It’s hard to believe I am coming up on my 2 year blog-a-versary on Life After the Fire (though it’s inextricably linked to trauma, so I don’t know how I feel about that).

I just had to laugh about #2. I don’t know if it was intentional, but LOL at “hugely pregnant” followed by “celebrate FULLY” followed by “FIGURE it out”.

Trina August 17, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Wow Jackson is already a year old? Wow time flies! Congrats on making it 2 years blogging. It’s harder than people think and so many people stop or don’t follow through. Happy early bday!

ABDPBT August 18, 2010 at 6:01 am

Congrats on your two years and the upcoming birthdays! The first year birthday is always fun to get a cupcake and let them smash it and taste chocolate for the first time, that kind of thing.