Wonderful Wednesdays

by Ginger on August 11, 2010

in Blogging & Social Media, The 9-5

It’s that time once again for Wonderful Wednesdays, when we take a look at the good things in life to help get us over the hump of the week.

This week, there have been some…interesting developments professionally. All of a sudden I’m facing a couple of really dynamic and challenging choices, choices that could change things in really great and drastic ways. I’ve got new paths laid in front of me, and I’m having to look–really look–at what I want. It’s terrifying (what if I choose wrong?) and thrilling at the same time.

I know I’m lucky right now to HAVE choices. I’m trying (trying!) to look past my sad little wish that I could stay home with J and look at this as an opportunity to create a new professional reality for myself, so I’m happy that I have options to weigh and debate, to try and find the best thing for my life and my families life.

I don’t know what I’ll choose (or when I’ll have an answer), but it’s pretty damn wonderful to have choices.

So what’s wonderful in your world? Let me know in the comments, or grab the badge below and post it on your blog!

Lisa @ Seriously

Megan @ Now You’re in the World

Lizzie @ Counting the Years

Wonderful Wednesdays at RambleRamble

Lisa August 11, 2010 at 7:02 am

Career choices can be so stressful to make, but you’re right, it is good to have choices!

I posted! http://tinyurl.com/2u8rbmm

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks August 11, 2010 at 9:05 am

I remember the last time I was faced with a major career decision … I had a friend in from out of town and we were supposed to go out with my roommate and another friend for Halloween. I totally bailed on them. I was in no mood to fake having fun … and my decision was weighing heavily on me. All I can say is trust yourself to make the right decision.

Ginger August 11, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Yeah, right now I’m having a hard time actually quieting myself enough to figure out what I really think. My big problem is that I seem to be swinging wildly between only thinking of the negatives or only thinking of the positives. Luckily I’ve got some time, so hopefully I’ll knock it off!

KT August 11, 2010 at 9:56 am

Oh boy I wish that I had a career decision to make…I would run away from my current job as fast as possible! But this is wonderful wednesday, so good for you! Trust your instinct!

I am looking forward to my husband coming home from a work trip tomorrow. And starting to unpack everything in our new house. 🙂

Ginger August 11, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Unpacking is a pain, but SO MUCH better than packing 🙂 And husbands coming home is always worth celebrating!

Megan August 11, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Well, if it helps, I do get to stay home with Charlotte, but I freak out on a daily basis about my totally non-existent career prospects when it’s time for me to go back to work. I’m jealous that you have new and exciting career opportunities, even though I sympathize with your desire to be home with Jackson.

Also, I joined in this week! I couldn’t get the badge to work for some reason. Probably because I’m sort of dumb about these things.

Ginger August 11, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I’m sure if I was home with J, I’d be doing that same freakout. Grass is always greener and all, but it seems like no matter what we’re always available for stress and freakouts!

Lizzie August 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Hey, if you choose wrong you’ll learn and choose right next time 😉 But think long and hard about it and I’m sure you’ll come to a decision that is best for you!