9 reasons I wish BlogHer 2010 was over already

by Ginger on July 26, 2010

in Blogging & Social Media

1. I’m tired of the “what to wear” posts already, and it’s still another week & 1/2 away
  2. I’d rather read the recaps than the prep posts
  3. Maybe once it’s over, my reader will fill up with content again–no more of these summer shenanigans from so many (but not all!) of my reads
  4. I’m tired of laughing at the requests at this late date for tickets, and will quickly be moving into eye-rolling territory
  5. For those of us who aren’t going, the lead up can feel like we’re the only ones not invited to the prom
  6. I’m already dreading what my Twitter stream will look like that weekend
  7. Everyone’s too nice before hand, the snark will only really come out afterwards, and let’s face it, the snark is way more interesting to read than yet another “what to pack” post
  8. I’m already worried  you ladies are going to break Twitter. And then how will I get through the day?
  9. Yes, I’m jealous and wish I was going. Let’s go ahead and get it over with, so I can stop feeling jealous and move on

As always, more lists can be found over at Anna’s at abdpbt!
listbutton

Brooke July 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I just don’t get all the fuss… so it’s probably good I’m not going!! And we’ll be busy that weekend with my high school reunion, so I doubt I’ll see any of the drama as it unfolds! Hopefully there will be a full recap somewhere.

Perpetua July 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I am still not quite sure what BlogHer is, but I suggest we have a ControverSunday “reunion” at a future BlogHer, if the internet and the sparklecorn thingy and all that stuff still exist and aren’t covered in oil by then. 🙂

Ginger July 27, 2010 at 11:28 am

Ooh, I like the way you think!

Lisa July 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm

They’re totally going to break Twitter.

sizzle July 26, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I think we almost broke twitter last year. It’s only fun if you are there, not on the outside. And even then, maybe not so much? I’m relieved I am not going this year honestly and I plan on staying off Twitter that week just so I can avoid it all. I don’t really care for drama or snark.

The Sweetest July 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Let’s have an un-Blogher party, for those of us who aren’t going!

Ginger July 27, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’ll bring the guacamole 🙂 (it’s just not a party without guacamole!)

ABDPBT July 26, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I’m going and I’m sick to death of it and don’t understand it, and want it to be over. So, just so you know, the feeling is basically the same, whether you go or not. It’s just that you save money if you don’t go.

Elizabeth July 26, 2010 at 11:03 pm

I’m going, and *I’m* sick of the what to wear, how to make friends, etc. posts. Then again, I’m not really subscribed to blogs that focus on that sort of thing, but it comes up on my twitter feed.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks July 27, 2010 at 7:28 am

Wow, we must have completely different blog reads, because I think I’ve read maybe one post about BlogHer. Then again, I went last year and have since removed myself from the organization for a host of reasons. Maybe my feed reader has filtered out those posts for me. =)

Ginger July 27, 2010 at 11:31 am

To be fair, it’s only hitting about 1/3 of my reader (but probably close to 1/2 of my Twitter stream)–but I have somewhere around 200 feeds in my reader, so it’s still a chunk.

Joelle July 27, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Ok, truth? I’m really just going because I want to go to NYC and hang out with Kathy. And I’ve never been, but I’ve almost changed my mind like 3x.

I know exactly how you feel — all the other years I didn’t go, especially the year Kathy went and I didn’t. you feel excluded and all anyone talks about are “tips” and “what to wear” and “omg, am I skinny enough”?

Over it. I had all those concerns, too, then just decided I didn’t give a damn anymore and if women were going to judge me for being fat, I don’t like them anyway. 🙂

Ginger July 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Anyone who judges you obviously will not have spent 3 seconds talking to you, because I can vouch that you’re fabulous and I would GLADLY hang out with you in New York!

I do wish I could go to meet a lot of the bloggers I’ve come to know in the last few years, but the lead up is just SO. MUCH. BULLSHIT. If everyone was just like, hey, go, have fun, don’t worry it would be one thing, but the never ending tips and what shoes to wear kills me.