12 things that irritate me (some more than they should)

by Ginger on July 12, 2010

in Random

1. When radio stations play snippets of a bunch of great songs back to back in an ad–and then don’t play any of those songs.
  2. Actually, the snippet thing itself bugs me. Just play the damn songs.
  3. When the neighbor children play in my driveway right behind my car. There are TWO open driveways on either side of us that have no cars–play there!
  4. The business phrases “synergy”, “circle back”, and “take this offline”(said in a meeting or on a conference call).
  5. That I have started using two of those three phrases(I still will only say “synergy” with air quotes and a sarcastic tone of voice)
  6. When the sheets get crumpled under my feet.
  7. White type on a black background.
  8. That I can’t get the kid to stop biting me
  9. The state of the tags on this blog.
  10. Those drivers on my commute home who drive 45 on the freeway in the right lane right when I need to exit.
  11. Actually, anyone who drives 45 on the freeway when traffic is able to go full speed.
  12. Writers block that results in this lame ass list.

P.S. I’ve got a new post up over at The Essentials–this one’s for anyone who has a kid who’s teething!

As always, more lists can be found over at Anna’s at abdpbt!
listbutton

Alexis July 12, 2010 at 4:45 am

OMG Yes! The horrible business terms. DH is finishing up his Masters degree and if I hear the word “optimization” one more time it may be the last words he ever utters.

Ginger July 12, 2010 at 11:33 am

I don’t have to deal with optimization much in my line of business, but lordy the rest of the jargon. I have a hard time not rolling my eyes in meetings sometimes!

Rachel @ MWF Seeking BFF July 12, 2010 at 7:52 am

Wow, you and I must have been separated at birth. First of all, the crumpled sheets under my feet thing KILLS me. My husband thinks I am insane cause I get out of bed to fix it because I find it so uncomfortable. Every night.

Also, the snippets. It’s such a tease! They play all the best songs so I stop channel surfing to hear them and… nothing. Grrr.

White text on black background: clearly they are trying to screw my eyesight even more.

And ugh. Business jargon. take this offline makes me want to slit my wrists.

Ok. Good day!

Ginger July 12, 2010 at 11:34 am

I remake the bed, every night, to avoid the sheets issue. My husband laughs at me, but after 10 years together he’s accepted that it’s my weird OCD quirk. But I seriously can’t sleep otherwise!

Megan July 12, 2010 at 11:02 am

Well, I can’t relate to the business jargon, though I tend to find most jargon really annoying, but amen to everything else!

I have dumb kids rising their bikes in front of my garage all day. And then they leave them in the road. And then they stare at me as I very carefully try to drive around them, instead of just moving them.

Dumb kids.

Ginger July 12, 2010 at 11:35 am

It’s worse too now that it’s summer. We live on the street nicknamed Sesame Street in my subdivision, and I think there’s only 2 townhomes that don’t have kids out of like 40, so they all congregate together because it’s summer. I LOVE that our neighborhood has kids playing everywhere…BUT, I do wish they would do it away from my car!