Mood boosters

by Ginger on May 19, 2010

in Random

I’m in a MOOD. And I don’t want to be in a MOOD anymore. So I’m going to do a post of things I love, like, or that make me giggle.

• baby belly laughs
  • vacation anticipation (one week folks, one week!)
  • flip flops
  • diet coke
  • the amazing feeling you get when your body wakes you up of it’s own accord rather than being jolted awake by an alarm, screaming baby, or outside noises
  • greasy tacos. No matter how good my diet may be, there’s always a place for greasy tacos.
  • on my drive to work, there’s this spot where I drive up over a hill and then can see the Pacific Ocean laid out in front of me. Even though it’s about 5 miles away, because of the location it looks like it’s right at my feet.
  • the rare event of beating my husband (or even coming close) on Words With Friends. He’s a Scrabble master so when I’m able to hang with him, score-wise, I feel like a total rockstar.
  • Friday evenings, as I pull into the driveway at home
  • when the cat goes on his little crazy rampage through the house. You know, when the tail gets all puffed up and he goes ricocheting off all the furniture wide-eyed. It’s the most ridiculous thing ever.
  • watching the kid learn something new
  • reading a blog post that inspires me, or challenges how I think
  • laughing with the husband over something silly
  • lemon bars
  • the reintroduction of broccoli to my diet (yum, how I’ve missed you)
  • moments where I have faith in myself

How bout you, what makes you happy?

Her May 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Those are good things!

Snuggling up with my dogs, discovering that I love an author I’ve never read before, and cold days with clear skies lighten my moods.

Rachel @ MWF Seeking BFF May 19, 2010 at 3:29 pm

You covered a bunch of them: Friday evenings, vacation anticipatiaon, flip flops (i just slipped mine on. in Chicago no less. Happiness.), tacos.

Also curling up on the couch with a blanket and a glass of wine and Glee or Friday Night Lights. Add one husband for hte perfect evening.

Alexis May 19, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Oh I love many of those things..

For me, the last few minutes before I head to bed and go to check on my girls. Sure it is cheesy, but seeing them all cuddled up asleep and happy…it pretty much erases my bad day(s).

Kate May 19, 2010 at 7:56 pm

You nailed a lot of them…

Hearing my daughter say “mommy lub ewe”

Seeing my dog lose it when I walk in the door after a 5 minute errand

Having my husband tell me he wants to “schnuggle”

Feeling the sunshine on my face and shoulders

Dirt under my fingernails after working in the garden and pulling weeds with my bare hands

Smelling the dull, sweet, honey aroma from a hive of bees

And, the list goes on…

Here’s to no more “moods” 🙂

Rebecca @ Diary of a Virgin Novelist May 20, 2010 at 8:56 am

I am knee deep in the blahs so I loved reading your list. I love the cat thing too and I miss the ocean vista part of my life now that I live in NYC.

What else?

I love 5 o’clock, a crisp czech lager, an outdoor table and my laptop.

I also love hiking socks, fireplaces (with fires in them), and new books.

carrie meadows May 20, 2010 at 12:25 pm