There go my grand plans

by Ginger on May 3, 2010

in I'm a Disaster

I had these grand plans.

Grand plans for the weekend that included writing at least 4 posts, some light coding, working on the husband’s business, working on my business, plus some hanging with a dear friend.

Grand plans for getting the needed goods to start really baby-proofing the house.

Grand plans for launching my new little endeavor (one of 3!) on Monday, and spending some time promoting it.

Grand plans for relaxing and enjoying the weekend, while getting things done,  and starting this week off on a high note.

Well, the best laid plans and all. With the exception of hanging out with the dear friend, none of that happened. The light coding turned into a nightmare that ate all my free hours this weekend (and then some), so there was NO writing, no working on the husband’s business, no working on my business. There was no baby-proofing. Hell, I barely got the laundry done.

So my posts from this weekend will have to wait. The launch of the new endeavor will have to wait. In the grand scheme of things I know NONE of this matters one iota to anyone but me–even my husband has said that I’m worked up over nothing, really–but DAMNIT I wanted to do all that stuff. I was motivated. I had ideas and plans and energy. It’s hard to not be a little pissed when you’ve got all that, but you still can’t get a freaking thing in the world done.

Mama Lungo May 3, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I too, had grand plans for the blog but got ZERO of it done. I want a redesign, need to write post and change a few things and I was lucky to get out the little post I did today. I feel your pain. Hubby doesn’t get the blog so he doesn’t understand.
I hope you find the time and energy to do what you want to do. I am curious what you have up your sleeve…

Ginger May 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I’m so lucky that my husband gets it (and that he designs for me–bonus!)!

Her May 3, 2010 at 10:43 pm

We call those time vacuums around here, and they happen WAY too often. Good luck getting around to everything!

Alexis May 4, 2010 at 3:12 am

I hear ya. It can be so frustrating when that pesky thing known as “life” gets in the way.

Hopefully an hour (or nine) of time will find its way out of the woodwork for you.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks May 4, 2010 at 9:17 am

Being a mother certainly has taught you that no matter how much you plan and organize, one cranky, diaper-rashed child will throw a wrench in those plans … but, that eventually, what needs to get done will get done, just a little later than planned. I’m sure you’re frustrated, but just remind yourself you’ll get it done. You are superwoman, after all. =)

Ginger May 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm

The sad part is, the cranky child wasn’t the problem! The cranky CSS code was 🙂 Stupid technology…

carrie meadows May 4, 2010 at 1:02 pm

That’s usually when we just say screw it and open up a bottle.

Ginger May 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm

HA!! I like your solution…

Rachel @ MWF Seeking BFF May 4, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I sorta feel like this is the story of my life. Every day a new grand to do list, every day so many things left unchecked. If only I could train myself to subsist on 6 hours of sleep, instead of the 8 my brain refuses to function without. Sigh.