Taskmaster

by Ginger on April 22, 2010

in The 9-5

I spend a lot of time being the bad guy at work. I have since I first started getting put in leadership positions way back in high school.

Because here’s the thing: I don’t let people get away with crap. I’m the person at work emailing you to remind you that you’ve passed your deadline. I’m the one in a meeting saying that that thing isn’t done because you haven’t given me your part. I’m the one who expects results, expects you to do your job, and expects everyone to work to the level I KNOW they are capable of, and if that means I’ve got to be the nag, naysayer, or taskmaster, then so be it.

I don’t roll over and do something just because you let it slide. I push back and make you do it.

If I do do something that you should have done, I take ownership of it from that point on–you can’t make me do the work and then get the glory.

I have high expectations and demand results.

If you’re not on board you’re not going to like me.

If you think you can play dumb and I’ll leave it alone, you’re not going to like me.

If you are used to someone else thinking for you, you’re not going to like me.

If you use your brain, work collaboratively, think before you speak or act, and TRY–we’ll get along fine.

Hilly April 22, 2010 at 11:57 am

You’d love me working for you, for reals. I am the type of person that updates my boss and always does my work on time. Oh yeah yeah, I am not an angel but you know what I mean. I hate it when people slack and shit then get mad at their BOSS as if it is his or her fault…psssht. 😉

Accidents April 22, 2010 at 11:20 am

I love–LOVE, your masthead by the way. I’m constantly clicking it to get back to the main page, though, and idiotically wait then realize I can just click “blog”–would that be an easy thing to code (I have no idea)?

Ginger April 22, 2010 at 11:46 am

Doh! I think once upon a time I had that coding in there, and something happened–but thanks for pointing it out! I’ll work on fixing it tonight.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks April 22, 2010 at 11:46 am

AMEN!

Ally April 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I completely get where you are coming from! I really dislike having to clean up after people who slack.

Alexis April 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Exactly, I never cease to be amazed how the universe never fails to remind me that I am (seemingly) the only person who can be bothered to do stuff right, or at all. I would love to work for you, I think everyone should be held to these kinds of standards.

Her April 22, 2010 at 9:06 pm

People like you would make an office job wonderful. I quit because of people *not* like you!