Ways to keep from blogging

by Ginger on March 1, 2010

in Blogging & Social Media

Here are some sure fire ways to keep from blogging.

1. Take a business trip to a conference that has you in sessions from 8:30 – 5, 6, or 7.
  2. Have such a crappy laptop that you can’t access the conference wireless network, and a company that doesn’t want you to spring for the in-room internet access.
  3. Get sick the day you land in New York for said conference, and feel so crappy that sleeping after sessions or zoning out in front of the Olympics in your pajamas is all you are up for.
  4. Stay sick after you get back from your business trip, prompting you to sleep late on your precious days off.
  5. Have to go to LA for one of your husband’s art shows, which equates to a travel day.
  6. Realize your house is filthy, and that maybe you should be a responsible grownup and clean. Said cleaning may or may not take a full day.
  7. Realize the only food in the house is the applesauce you made for the baby, and a few cans of kidney beans, so a thorough trip to the grocery store is in order.
  8. Be a lazy slug in the few free minutes you have left, intent on enjoying the baby you missed while travelling, the cat who was missing for 9 days (and is home now, yay!), and the husband who kept everything together while you were gone.

As always, more lists can be found over at Anna’s at abdpbt!

Hilly March 1, 2010 at 10:58 pm

9. Move across the country, shack up with your new boyfriend, look for a new job and find happiness.

🙂

Lys March 2, 2010 at 9:48 am

so happy your cat is back!

Perpetua March 2, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Yay for the return of the cat!

Would love to hear more about how the trip went. I have a conference coming up (four days, three nights) and am scared witless about how the baby is going to handle it. And how I’M going to handle it. 🙁

Ginger March 4, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Hilly,
Those are pretty awesome reasons! Much better than travel and death on a cracker 🙂

Ginger March 4, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Perpetua
It turned out to be not the end of the world (I wrote about it the other day, but I’m also doing a post soon about some of the actual travel tips I’ve got). I mean, I missed him, but we both survived.
But your guy is older than mine so might actually have a sense of “gone” that mine doesn’t, which would make it harder, I’m sure.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks March 5, 2010 at 9:48 am

Oh! I know! You mean, LIVE LIFE! hahaha. Though, I love that in telling us how to be a bad blogger, you’ve really just filled us in on your life!