Looks like I’m finally coming up for a little bit of air. And the angels sang out from the heavens.
But since I’m not quite 100% through the hell on earth that has been work lately, my brain is just a mishmash of stuff, sooooooo bullets it is:
- I really, really want to update my blog with a new theme and some new functionality (hello threaded comments!). Especially after working on these website redesigns at work. And I’ve been toying with the idea of trying the Thesis theme, even though it’s kind of spendy, as a treat for my little ole blog. But when I get home and have a free minute after the kid is asleep, working on the blog is invariably trumped these days by Battlestar Galactica DVD’s or new episodes of Lost.
- I consider one of my major accomplishments in life my ability to sing along, in time, to the Garth Brooks song Ain’t Goin’ Down (‘Til the Sun Comes Up). I can almost keep up with the crazy long notes…but I usually *just* run out of breath.
- Sometimes I really miss driving a stick shift. Until I’m stuck in traffic.
- I inadvertently wore a shirt with a hole in it today. My bad.
- I’ve been trying out Threadsy.com, thanks to Anna at abdpbt. It’s kind of a cool way to consolidate email, twitter and facebook in one place. The interface is perhaps not totally my ideal, but since I have 4 email address on top of my twitter and facebook pages, it’s a handy little way to combine everything (perfect for checking at work!). If anyone is interested, I have some invites left that I’d happily share!
- The most used parts of my iPhone? The clock, the Facebook app, a Weather Channel app, and the Safari browser. Yes, I am that boring. The phone part? Waaaaayyyyyyy at the bottom of the list.
- I had someone at work correct my word usage 5 times in one conversation. He knew he was being a jerk–even said so–but continued to do it. I finally told him that if he didn’t knock it off, I was going to stop working on his website. Not that I would actually do that, but it felt nice to pretend.
- I go to New York in a week for a conference. I am not excited. Usually I like my little trips back to New York–they let me visit with friends and old co-workers, revisit favorite restaurants, and peruse the few parts of the city that I miss. This year? Not so much. I’m not looking forward to trying to figure out what the hell to wear in the cold for 4 days, I’m not looking forward to potential snow, and I’m definitely not looking forward to being away from the kid for the first time (well, overnight away from the kid. We’ve left him with babysitters plenty).
- I have had a crazy neck/shoulder/arm pain for the last few days. I dunno what I did, but it hurts to reach for the radio in the car. I’m afraid I have a pinched nerve…
- I really miss reading. I haven’t really read much over the last year (GASP!), in the way of real books anyway, and I’m starting to get the itch. I’ve always been a bookworm (there were times when I probably read upwards of 100 books a year), and I kind of can’t believe how much I’ve gotten away from it. I think I’m going to start using my time pumping at work to read rather than stress about not working for a double bonus.
What mishmash is on your mind?