Come out and say hello

by Ginger on January 15, 2010

in Blogging & Social Media

Um, holy traffic spike batman–where did all you guys come from? Seriously, my traffic doubled yesterday, which is awesome and all, but I feel like you guys must have landed on the wrong site by accident. Anyway, I hope some of you new folks stick around so we can get to know each other!

Anyway, because of my work nonsense I was never able to post anything here about Delurking Day (the internets tell me that Jan. 14th is Delurking Day, and who am I to argue with the internets?), so just like regular life, I’m late to the party. If you’re out there, I’d love to have you stop by and say hi! Tell me if you have a blog. Tell me a great veggie recipe you know (I need more veggies in my life). Tell me your thoughts on Project Runway’s season premiere (mine? show the damn clothes on the runway! We never get to see the clothes for more than about 15 seconds. How can I accurately argue with the judges from the safety of my couch if I can’t see what we’re arguing about???) Tell me whatever you want, just pop in! I don’t bite, I promise!

Ali January 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Hey lady! I just got back from Israel, and I am obsessed.

How’s that for something random? 🙂

Happy weekend!

Amanda (The Mama) January 15, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Delurking – I found your site by accident – I clicked on your comment on Heir to Blair. I am mom, too and enjoy reading other mom blogs and I am trying to learn photography, too.

Katherine January 15, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Ping was weird and why is a person who dresses like someone from a commune judging fashion?

Perpetua January 16, 2010 at 5:48 am

I don’t really lurk, because I commented before, but I am sort of new. So, hi!

And, oh my god, new Project Runway?!? I didn’t know! Since it moved to Lifetime I don’t really follow it, and this is after watching religiously season after season. 🙁

Alias Mother January 16, 2010 at 6:02 am

I meant to delurk after you delurked over at my blog, but…yeah. Words failed me.

As for PR…I’m already feeling better this season than I did last. Also, I kind of love Ping in all her crazy geekery. I know all these designers claim to be nerds, but she is 100% true nerd. And I love that.

Favorite veggie recipe…oooh, so many, but I really love roasted veggies of any shape or kind, especially sweet potato fries.

small town small times January 17, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I lurked on over after the resounding review Alias Mother gave you in her comment section.

I came. I read. I like. I’ll come back. Frequently.

I like veggies roasted as well, but my new thing this year is to throw them in a food processor, add broth and tah-dah! Yummy soup. I also have adding them to brown rice and topping with cheese, salsa and guacamole. This is a good meal when my husband travel and the kids want nuggets.

Oh, and I can’t bring myself to watch Project Runway since they took it off Bravo. I love Bravo.

Kt January 17, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I love roasted cauliflower recipes like this: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_cauliflower/

Julia January 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm

hi! for great veggie recipes go to 101cookbooks.com I’m the furthest thing from vegetarian, but i looove heidi’s delicious veggie recipes!

SoMi's Nilsa January 18, 2010 at 7:50 am

I’m not really a lurker. And I’m also really late to the party. But … HI!