Today I choose to be happy

by Ginger on November 11, 2008

in Becoming Myself, Taking Pictures

I’ve been rather sullen lately, which does me no favors in the world. So today, I’m choosing to be happy. I’m choosing to look for the good, rather than focus on the bad. I’m trying to see if I can alter my worldview by forcing myself to acknowledge things that make me smile and not things that piss me the f*&k off.

So in that spirit, here are some things that make me happy.

• I loves me some macro photography, and omg do I love this photo. Yes, yes, the hubs says it brings to mind Georgia O’Keefe’s work (and all that connotes), but I don’t care. This image makes me happy.
  • Today, we had to get gas for the car. Total cost= $30.45. For a FULL tank. Hallelujah, the gas gods have smiled upon us.
  • One of my photos was featured in a photochallenge, providing a well-timed boost to my ego. It’s very cool to see my photos up on someone else’s blog (with permission of course!).
  • After fighting with the computer at home for ages, and a lovely little glitch where it’s eaten 1/2 of our Adobe software, we have finally, FINALLY broken down and bought a new computer. A nice shiny (refurb) Mac. And to add to the joy, we did it the smart way–we saved up for it and will be paying for it in full. Here’s to faster computers and not taking on more debt for them.

How bout another photo?

• In direct contrast to the previous photo, this one is not macro, it’s got little color, and it’s all hard lines. I still like it though. This is from inside the botanical gardens area at Balboa Park–I was practically laying on my back to get this photo (I’m sure everyone was looking at me funny, but I was having fun).
  • I’m loving NaBloPoMo and Chuck Westbrook’s Blog Project. Two new places for me to find great blogs to follow! My google reader is out of control, but I don’t seem to care.
  • I’ve decided to participate in BlogSecret. There’s a topic I’ve been wanting to get off my chest for years, but I can’t do it here. I’m excited about letting this go. I’m happy just knowing it’s coming!
  • Finally, I’m happy today that I’m inching closer and closer to some decisions. Some changes. Some revisions to my life. I don’t know when I’ll get there, but I’m on the path and for the first time in a while, I can see…if not the light at the end of the tunnel, at least the tunnel.

Is there anything making you happy today? Big or small?

brandy November 11, 2008 at 6:09 pm

Oh, that flower picture is really stunning! And I’m definitely participating in blogsecret- it will be nice to say the things you want to say but aren’t sure how to say on your own blog! I’m definitely looking forward to it.

brandy´s last blog post..Tuesday is for Music Lovers

Jessica November 11, 2008 at 6:42 pm

Good for you being positive. I love the photos too. It’s so easy to get sucked into being negative but trying to be positive or find something positive is the first step.

Jessica´s last blog post..Good/bad decision: the purse edition

Ching Ya November 12, 2008 at 6:13 am

Hi, well, hopefully me ‘dropping in’ makes you a little bit happy as well, I’m a new reader. While I was sitting last at the “great content & No readers”, I decided to check out some random blogs, helping especially those who’s sitting over 400++ applicants, I”m glad I got in here, quite an interesting post, and I’m glad you picked to be positive today. We should all learn that. All the best in your photography, you got the knack for it.

Ching Ya´s last blog post..HANCOCK : Movie Spree (5) ~ ?????(5)

Nilsa November 12, 2008 at 9:37 am

Good for you for choosing a positive and take-charge attitude about your life!

Nilsa´s last blog post..H8TE

Cabe Nelson November 12, 2008 at 10:25 am

I love the lines. High contrast photos are best with lines that make your eye follow them in different directions. Coupled with your shot of the rose they are complete opposites and display your talent for seeing great pictures.

Cabe Nelson´s last blog post..I can smell the ocean…

Ginger November 12, 2008 at 11:20 am

Aww, thanks for the photo compliments guys. I still feel like I’m such a rookie when it comes to photography, so it’s still a shock when other people like my photos!

Oh, and Ching Ya, welcome! It always makes my day to have new readers and new commenters, and is definitely something that helps make me happy!

KJ November 12, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Gorgeous macros like that make me happy too, Ginger.

I’m also happy to be finding new blogs to read via NaBloPoMo, especially those with an interest in photography.

Cheers to being happy today!

KJ´s last blog post..November 11th