Hey get your mind out of the gutter, I totally don’t mean that way! Nope, you see it’s Monday, so I’m once again copying inspired by Anna over at abdpbt, which lucky for you means yay a list!
May I present the top 5 reasons I’m totally a fake…
- I was an English major in college, but the truth is I hate Shakespeare, detest Dickens, don’t care for Hemingway, and loathed the pretentious bullshit of most of the other undergrads in my program. Please don’t take away my diploma! I just liked to read, and thought 4 years of that would be cool. I actually ended up specializing in what my program called Minority and Outsider lit, and I loved every single solitary class about a thousand times more than the 4 semesters of Shakespeare I had to take, or the 2 of Milton.
- I’m a marketing professional who never took a marketing class in my life (see English major, above). All on the job training baby. And often without supervision.
- I’m a music geek who can’t read music. Never could–when I took piano, followed by flute, I’d memorize music. Part of why I never advanced very far…stupid sight reading tests.
- I’m married to, and hang out with a lot of creative folk. I even manage to make myself sound like I know what I’m talking about a lot of the time that I’m with them. But I, I am not creative. I’m actually pretty cut and dry boring square by the book. I tend to look at the world with an analytical not creative eye. And I tend to filter my world through the realist, the by the rules, the plain-jane lens. I like to pretend otherwise though (see here.)
- Despite my fears of joining in on already established blog relationships (see here), I’m pretty much still inserting myself wherever I think it will benefit me looks interesting. As evidenced by this post.
Thanks Anna, for once again providing me with a foolproof idea for my Monday!
Tags: books, jobby job, lists, music