- We finally watched Argo on Saturday night. I can see where some of the criticisms came from, but I can also see why it won a bunch of awards. But mostly, I’m not entirely sure that I’ve unclenched from the tension of the last hour.
- Today Jackson went without a nap, and hooboy did that end up exhausting. It was our own fault–we didn’t even LEAVE for brunch until about 11:30 (at which time, it’s really just having breakfast for lunch)–and it could have been way worse, but still. By the end of the day, *I* needed a nap. It also served to remind me that I will weep when Jackson drops his nap. As it is now, most days he still sleeps for 2-3 hours during naptime, and he NEEDS that time. When he gives that up, I have a feeling we’re all going to have a rough adjustment period.
- We bought a couch cover this weekend. Our couch has survived the kid fine, but the dog has jacked that thing up. The cushions are so stained from mud and dirt that the dog drags in, but we’ve dealt with it. But recently, the HOA had a bunch of trees trimmed in our area, and that included cutting some huge branches from a couple of pine trees right outside our house. Which resulted, lucky us, in SAP everywhere. Everywhere. The dog unfortunately tracked that nonsense in, and I really think the couch fabric is unsaveable. So! New couch cover it is! We opted for a dark red one, to go with some of the red accents in the living room, and it basically makes it look like we have a completely new living room. It’s a nice change. We’ll see how long it takes before it’s destroyed.
- I am going to New York for work in one week, and I am in severe denial about this fact. I’m so unprepared for this trip, or at least the business part (I’ve got some great plans for dinner, and am super excited to get to see Jennie while we’re both there). I’m…actually starting to panic a little about everything I need to do to get prepared to leave, for the business stuff while I’m there AND the work stuff that will continue to go on during the week I’m gone AND for the actual travel part (things like finding my plane ticket come to mind). I know I’ll get it all figured out, but…yeah, I’m a little stressed about it.
- I want to bring back Reads From Around the Web in some form or another–I read a lot of great stuff–but I’m trying to figure out a way to do it that I’m going to keep up and not just abandon in 2 months when I get overwhelmed (ha, 2 months. It’s cute that I’m so optimistic about myself). I’m not sure what that is exactly, but it’s on my to-do list to figure out.
- I am 3 days away from finishing 30 consecutive days of the 30 Day Shred. I…have not lost any weight, or, to my eye, any size (I really should have taken measurements). But, I’m feeling stronger, though this go round has been murder on my hips and knees. I don’t really recommend doing consecutive days of this particular program if you have bad knees or joints. I will not be doing this one this way ever again. That being said, it’s been nice to get some strength back up. And, when I finish, I am buying myself a little something, for doing this damn program every day. Including Friday nights after a long week, late at night after a long day at work, and yes, even Mother’s Day. I think that calls for a little prize.